Tuesday 4 January 2011

Happy New You!

Happy New Year good readers! Let's hope 2011 sees the realisation of your dreams in every way and it's the start of a great year for you.

Now, see those lovely hands and feet on the right. Not mine. Not even close to being mine. I'm not going to post a pic of mine, put you off your dinner and there's no need. Suffice to say, I've had a bit of 'hand and foot syndrome'. Golly I wish I'd read that link before I got it. It's the tip of the iceberg. I didn't just get the redness and peeling. I got large blisters and couldn't walk or pick anything up. Seriously. The Absent Bloke had to carry me up and down stairs as I couldn't stand on my feet due to the pain of the huge blisters. I couldn't unwrap my Christmas pressies (hey, I got loads I'm not complaining, just would've been nice to unwrap them me little self) so had help from my niece and sister-in-law.

Writing Christmas cards was completely out. As was doing anything with my hands. Putting underwear on was like dangling from the ceiling holding onto cheese-wire. Painful.

Tomorrow I'm back at the clinic whilst they work out what dose of chemo to put me on; hopefully sufficient to kill the bastard cells but not enough to cause all the side effects. After a mere 9 week break in over a year of chemotherapy, I'd really like a break from side effects and to have a bit of quality time. Don't want much do I?

And now it's the wrapping up from Christmas time. You might already have put your tree and decorations away. Or like me, you're waiting for 12th night. Bit of a blubbery one this, but AB and I have been having deep and meaningful's today and it's hard not to wonder if when I put the decs away, will I be getting them out again in December. I'm certainly planning on it. I love Christmastime. Especially this year when I spent it with my entire family. It was perfect. So, to whoever's in charge; I don't mean to be greedy, but please can I have another one?

1 comment:

  1. Quick update for those that have opened the comments!

    Had my appointment with my oncologist today; he's decided to give me a further week's break from the chemo and will start me on a reduced dose next Wednesday instead. Feel pleased to have an extended break.

    He's also suggested I take the Lapatanib later in the day to try and reduce my fatigue.

    So, I get one of my wishes granted and lots of you (via facebook) seem to have granted me the other, so it's all good :-)

    ReplyDelete